Build a badass startup team #TFWORKSHOP
HELLO @THEFAMILY..CO THEFAMILY CO @_THEFAMILY THEFAMILY ALICE ALICE 2
PROFILE * * * Searching for a meaning Hacker mindset Long term vision
FREEDOM CULT &
1. Founders 4. Paying 2. Hiring 5. Managing 3. Firing 6. Seizing opp
1. Founders Skills Complementarity
1. Founders Vision Talk truth long term values
1. Founders LOVE Choose them as you’d chose wife or husband
2. Hiring Instinctdoubt. One doubt? No Use your gut feelings on people, not on business.
2. Hiring Go fast You’d better accept to pay the price of it.
2. Hiring PEOPLE Engineer Biz Dev Product lead Graphic Designer
2. Hiring Experience Young +2 years of exp +10 years of exp
2. Hiring READ - Who By Geoff Smart & Randy Street
3. Firing Be good Respect the ego. Recommend. Offer money.
3. Firing Be radical With jerks. But understand that you’ve made a mistake.
4. Paying Pay more Above the market rate should be the rule for startup. You’d better have one well-paid employee rather than 3 poor ones.
4. Paying Why? - Ask for the impossible Together in success
4. Paying Get $$$ You’d better lose 10% more of your startup, than having employees suffering.
5. Managing Make it clear Write your Manifesto Explain de habits & Style Create an Onboarding process Care for the decoration
5. Managing Give Info Kill emails => Slack Kill meetings => Stand Ups Kill pdf => Posters & images
5. Managing Be available Always have time for chit chat Organize weekends & parties Be aware and listen Kill the pains & fears
5. Managing Be paranoiac Check everything Repeat again & again Explain the schemes of thought
6. Seizing Opportunities Irreplaceable? No one is irreplaceable. NO ONE.
6. Seizing Opportunities Let it be Never go against the employees’ interests. Think long term with your people.
6. Seizing Opportunities You Recruit By Yourself A players