Понравилась презентация – покажи это...
DELEGATING EFFECTIVELY By: Muhammad Aleem Habib
What is Delegation? Delegation means giving someone else the responsibility and authority to act on your behalf.
Delegation Delegation consists of these three factors: Assign. of work + Assign. of Responsibility + Assign. of Authority. Without the last two factors, delegation is unsuccessful because of these: 1. the delegate will do the job just for fun, without responsibility spirit; or 2. the delegate will not have authorities to carry out the job. He will meet difficulties and the job will be accomplished not as expected.
Delegation Vs. Assignment What is the difference?
Delegation and Job Assignment Delegation Asking someone else to do something which is within your scope of responsibility. Job assignment Asking a subordinate to do something which is within their scope of responsibility.
Authority and Responsibility Delegate Delegator Authority Responsibility Task
Responsibility in Delegation Responsibility “When a child makes a mistake, his parent will be responsible for it.”
Delegation and Authority Authority
Why are people not willing to delegate?
Why People Unwilling to Delegate? Fear of losing powers, such as, controlling power, using resources power, keeping information power. Wanting to be high assessed (taking over much work). Fear of spending much time on explanation. Having not enough confidence on someone else. Not seeing benefits of delegation.
Benefits of delegation MANAGER Gain more time toincrease effective-ness. Have morecompetent staff. Improve relation-ship with staff. STAFF ORGANIZATION Availability of stafffor successionplans. Develop knowledgeand skills. Gain confidence in one’s own ability. Business done smoothly. Get more motivated. Friendly workingatmosphere.
Process of Delegation
Process of Delegation
1. Set up Objectives for Delegation Reduce manager’s workload Develop junior staff’s new skills Improve relationships Reinforce junior staff’s self-confidence Increase commitment
2. Selecting Tasks for Delegation Based on: Objectives of delegation. Importance and urgency. Some fixed standards.
3. Selecting Person for Delegation Selection criteria Capability Experience Career development Interest Time
4. Implementing Delegation Explain the objectives for delegation. Specify task results. Specify scope of responsibility and authority. Agree on process of implementing and report. Agree on review and feedback procedures.
6. Review and Feedback Pay attention to: Task results. Uses of resources. Identified issues and solutions.
Contact Muhammad Aleem Habib MBA, MS, PMP, CISA, MCSE Chief Management Counsellor @ Pakistan Institute of Management firstname.lastname@example.org Please send me your comments, questions and feedback! Thanks for your time!