If you like this presentation – show it...
10 Recruiting T for Startups ips brought to you by: Wahoo!
Because we love helping startups here are 10 recruiting tips to help you hire better:
1) When writing a job description, define candidate attributes that not only fit with the job, but the company culture as well. What do you m ean squares don’t fit in at your company? I w as being figurative.
2) Define the long and short-term skills associated with each job opening. What you need right now. What you need later.
3) Plan ahead for the vacancies you’ll have in the future. You should have started your search for an IT manager six months ago! Oops.
5) Search for candidates off the beaten path (big companies use LinkedIn and often overlook other sources) Look at the people I found on Pinterest! This feels a bit macabre.
6) Make recruiting a team sport and invite coworkers and others in your network to help you look for talent. Jill, could you help me find some all-‐stars? Magic Poof! We’d love to work for you! Ding! Sure. Magic Poof Again! Magic Poof a third time!
7) Make the habit of spending at least 10 minutes a day looking for talent. Even if you don’t have a vacancy you can always save good candidates for later. 2 I don’t need to hire her now, but she’ll be perfect when I start phase 2!
8) Keep track of people who aren’t interested in working for you… yet Not looking for a change at the moment, but I like your company. Call m e back in a year? Six months later… So, uhh, I’m really tired of working for the squares. Are you still hiring? Hey! I heard that!
9) T the time to pitch your company to ake candidates just like you would investors We’re going to change the w orld through social-‐shape-‐ application-‐mapping! Who’s w ith us? Me! Me m e ! Me m e m e!
10) Make sure your company website has a clear explanation of why its a great place to work This SquareForce company doesn’t have anything on its site about what its like to work there. Bad sign. CircleSuite sounds like it has the coolest company culture!
Bonus T ip!!!!!! Use Hello T alent That’s how I got talent into my startup! Best. Decision. Ever!
Successful startups are serious about recruiting talent. Successful startups use
Use Hello T alent to • • • • • Search for potential candidates all over the web Store profiles of people you want to hire now or later Integrate social media profiles of candidates Easily invite others to help you search T specific skills and experiences to quickly note ag candidate fit
Use it free at Click to get started! www.hellotalent.com