If you like this presentation – show it...
7 Ways The Internet of Things Is Changing Everything via @mattnollman and @KevinPetrieTech
In the dawn of the IoT, what kind of world will we be living in?
Here are seven ways the IoT is improving our daily lives:
1. The IoT will create new jobs. Agricultural Technologist Wearable Tech Designer Transportation Network Designer 3D Printing Engineer
2. We can greatly reduce the possibility of train or ski lift accidents.
If train or ski lifts had sensors built in, the manufacturer would be notified of any malfunctioning parts and could schedule preventative maintenance BEFORE anything happens.
3. Airplanes can operate more efficiently, lowering your ticket price.
GE recently started connecting their jet engines to the IoT with the hope of improving overall efficiency and reducing fuel costs, flight times, and maintenance costs.
4. We can have our packages delivered with DRONES, saving time and money.
5. Interconnected farm equipment is optimizing food production.
And we’re talking more than just “smart” farm equipment. A farmer’s network could allow each piece of heavy equipment to be diagnosed and repaired before it breaks, and eventually could analyze every crop to customize the fertilizer to each specific plant.
6. Even your house can be smart and connected.
With products like Nest, connected lights, and security systems, you can now monitor and change the settings in your house from anywhere. Homes are continuing to get smarter and smarter.
7. Connected healthcare equipment can monitor you at all times.
This constant stream of data could save your life one day. It can allow doctors to more accurately monitor you, virtually diagnose problems, and even preemptively respond to emergencies!
The bottom line is that anyone age 10-90 can find the IoT very useful.
We can all benefit from cheaper, more efficient flights…
And we can all benefit from connected farm networks that increase farmer profits and decrease food prices.
Even smart homes can save you money on energy and give you less to worry about at the end of the day.
To find out more information on the Internet of Things, check out Attunity’s IoT whitepaper!