'

6 Stats to Sum Up The State of Digital Publishing

Понравилась презентация – покажи это...





Слайд 0

6 STATS TO SUM UP THE STATE OF DIGITAL PUBLISHING


Слайд 1

The media industry today is nearly unrecognizable compared to that just 10 years ago.


Слайд 2

Print dollars are shrinking into mere digital dimes.


Слайд 3

Ad blockers are rendering mobile visitors less valuable.


Слайд 4

And the amount of free content has exploded across the web.


Слайд 5

To understand how these shifts are re-shaping the publishing industry, we surveyed hundreds of publishers. This is what they had to say.


Слайд 6

EMAIL •  Email IS ON THE RISE 64% 53% of publishers send email on at least a weekly basis of publishers have increased the amount of email they send over the past 6 months


Слайд 7

BUT, IS MORE BETTER? Publishers should remember quality over quantity to avoid list fatigue.


Слайд 8

SUBSCRIPTIONS AREN’T PAYING OFF •  Email Only 13% of publishers cited paid subscriptions as their greatest source of revenue.


Слайд 9

AND NOW MOST PUBLISHERS OFFER LESS PAID CONTENT IN THE FIRST PLACE


Слайд 10

Only 20% of publishers have a paid-only subscription model The remainder, 80%, offer some form of unpaid subscription 44% ONLY offer unpaid subscriptions


Слайд 11

If subscription revenue is on the decline… Then what is making up for the loss?


Слайд 12

NEW •  Email REVENUE IS FILLING THE GAP 83% 68% 67% 47% 41% of publishers offer website banner ads offer sponsored content or native ads offer email banner ads or newsletter sponsorships offer event sponsorship offer lead generation for advertisers


Слайд 13

WHICH WILL BE BEST? With so many choices, where are publishers hedging their bets?


Слайд 14

SPONSORED CONTENT & NATIVE ADS •  Email Over the next two years: Of publishers predicted that sponsored content or native advertising would increase most in value.


Слайд 15

That’s a greater percentage of responses than any other revenue streams. (Including print ads, display ads, and video or audio advertising.)


Слайд 16

PRINT •  Email ADVERTISING On the other hand, print advertising was predicted to decrease most in value by of the publishers we surveyed.


Слайд 17

What’s your contingency plan?


Слайд 18

TECH •  Email IS PLAYING A BIGGER ROLE of publishers are planning to adopt marketing automation software of publishers are planning to adopt search engine optimization software of publishers are planning to adopt customer relationship management software


Слайд 19

WHICH MAKES SENSE GIVEN THAT…


Слайд 20

Only 4% of publishers are extremely satisfied with their ability to increase their email database size Just 5% of publishers are extremely satisfied with their ability to increase site traffic A mere 6% of publishers are extremely satisfied with their ability to gain more insight on their site visitors and subscribers


Слайд 21

These facts are important to understand, but they’re just the beginning.


Слайд 22

READY TO LEARN MORE? We’ve got more stats, analyses, and actionable takeaways to help you get started.


Слайд 23

Download the full complimentary Digital Publishing Benchmarks Report to get the full picture on the state of the industry. DOWNLOAD THE REPORT


Слайд 24


×

HTML:





Ссылка: