If you like this presentation – show it...
6 Essentials of a Good Logo
With the vast number and variety of logos in the marketplace, it can be difficult to decide where to start when creating your own. Keep these six essential elements in mind while designing your brand’s logo, and you’ll be on the right track.
01. It Reflects Your Company Image A good logo should make sense for your business. An investment bank, for example, wouldn’t choose a whimsical font and colorful icon. Instead, it would select a more conservative design that evokes trust.
02. It’s Enduring Pick a logo that will stand the test of time. Choose color combinations that reflect your business and not this season’s trends.
03. It’s Scalable Make sure your logo works well on everything from billboards to online banner ads.
04. It’s Simple Think Apple, McDonald’s or Nike. All of these companies have easily identifiable logos with clean, straightforward designs.
05. It Appeals to Your Target Customer A good logo will help attract your target market. For example, if you’re opening a high-end candle company, your logo should evoke a feeling of exclusivity and sophistication, appealing to a consumer of luxury goods.
06. It’s Meaningful Your logo should connect to the core of your brand. Whether it’s related to your mission or offers more than initially meets the eye, a logo that holds significance for your company will better translate to your customers.
Advice Action Inspiration Before deciding on a final When you have a finalized “Logos and branding are so logo design, share it with logo for your business, it’s important. In a big part of the friends and colleagues. Ask important to trademark it. This world, people cannot read them what they think the logo will allow you to prevent other French or English — but are stands for or represents. This companies from using a logo great in remembering signs.” will help you understand if that is too similar to yours. — Karl Lagerfeld your messaging is clear from an outside perspective.