If you like this presentation – show it...
6 tips to help you warm up a cold call
1. Research Before picking up the phone, find out a little about the person you’re calling; their name, title and an idea of what they work on so you have some context for the conversation.
2. Timing Be considerate about the timing of your call. Think about what the person might be doing at any particular time of the day and schedule your call around it.
3. Ask Before you launch into conversation, ask the person if they have a few moments to chat with you.
4. Call with a purpose Be prepared with conversations points to discuss with them. Don’t waste time with chit chat and vague questions; this will make you appear insincere.
5. Introduce ahead of time If you have the opportunity, give the person you’re going to call some warning ahead of time. You can introduce yourself ahead of time either through a mutual contact, email or via social media.
6. Be grateful Don’t forget to thank the person you’ve called for their time and the opportunity to speak with them. You can go the extra mile and send a thank you note; either hand written or by email to really show that you appreciated their time.
Now you’re ready to start dialing.