Понравилась презентация – покажи это...
7 Tips on How toMake Friends and Influence People –18th Century Version. Here’s an olde liste, from Lord Chesterfield, a British statesman and man of letters was very preoccupied with worldly success. In his Letters, he bombards his son with advice about how to succeed in society.
1. “Pleasing in company is the only wayof being pleased in it yourself.”
2. “The very same thing may become either pleasing or offensive, by the manner ofsaying or doing it.”
3. “Even where you are sure, seem rather doubtful; represent, but do not pronounce,and if you would convince others,seem open to conviction yourself.”
4. “You will easily discover every man’s prevailing vanity, by observing his favourite topic of conversation; for every man talks most of what he has most a mind to be thought to excel in.”
5. “The sure way to excel in any thing, is only to have a close and undissipated attention while you are about it; and then you need not be half the time that otherwise you must…”
6. “Dress is a very foolish thing, and yet itis a very foolish thing for a man notto be well dressed.”
I disagree here. As part of my resolution to “Enjoy the fun of failure,” I’ve taken up the motto, “Anything worth doing is worth doing badly.” There’s merit to both approaches. Once again, it happens,the opposite of a great truth is also true. 7. “Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.”
Download My FreeHabits Manifesto Learn more tips for a happier life and healthier habits at GretchenRubin.com SIGN UP HERE