If you like this presentation – show it...
Robin Sharma 20 Life Lessons
1. Guard Your Time With Great Care! Do not allow those things that matter the most in your life be at the mercy of activities that matter the least. Every day, take the time to ask yourself the question "is this the best use of my time and energy?" Time management is life management so guard your time with great care.
The quality of your life is the quality of your communication. This means the way you communicate with others and, more importantly, the way you communicate with yourself. What you focus on is what you get. If you look for the positive this is what you get. This is a fundamental law of Nature. 2. Communication Determines Quality Of Life!
3. Stay On Purpose, Not On Outcome! Stay on purpose, not on outcome. In other words, do the task because it is what you love to do or because it will help someone or is a valuable exercise. Don't do it for the money or the recognition. Those will come naturally. This is the way of the world.
4. Think Only The Best Thoughts! When a negative thought comes to your mind, immediately replace it with one that is positive. Positive always dominates over the negative and your mind has to be conditioned to think only the best thoughts. Rid yourself of any limitations and become a powerful positive thinker.
5. Associate Only With Positive People! Associate only with positive people who you can learn from and who will not drain your valuable energy with complaining and uninspiring attitudes. Develop the relationships with those committed to constant improvement and the pursuit of the best that life has to offer.
6. You Must Have A Mission Statement In Life! This is simply a set of guiding principles which clearly state where you are going and where you want to be at the end of your life. A mission statement embodies your values. It is your personal lighthouse keeping you steadily on the course of your dreams.
7. There Are No Failures, Only Lessons! People who have attained greatness interpret negative or disempowering events as positive challenges which will assist them in growing and moving even farther up the ladder of success. There are no negative experiences only experiences. There are no failures, only lessons.
8. You Are Always Treated With Respect! Be soft as a flower when it comes to kindness but tough as thunder when it comes to principle. Be courteous and polite at all times but never be pushed around. Ensure that you are always treated with respect.
9. Practice Forgiveness! Practice forgiveness especially in those situations where it is seemingly difficult. By using your emotional forgiveness muscles more regularly, petty wrongs, remarks and slights will not touch you and nothing will penetrate your concentrated, serene mindset.
10. Empty Your Cup! A full cup cannot accept anything more. Similarly, a person who believes that he cannot learn anything else will stagnate quickly and not move to higher levels. A true sign of a secure, mature individual is someone who sees every opportunity as a chance to learn. Even the teachers have teachers.
11. Ask What You Can Do For This World! Make service an important goal in your life. It is a most fulfilling investment of time. Remember, in the twilight of your life, when all is said and done, the quality of your life boils down to the quality of your contribution to others. Leave a rich legacy for those around you to savour.
12. Become an adventurer! Revitalize your spirit and sense of playfulness. Become a kid again. Once every few months, plan to enjoy a new, thrilling activity such as white water rafting, scuba diving, windsurfing, sailing, deep sea fishing or camping. This will keep your life in perspective, bring you closer to those you share the activity with and keep you feeling invigorated and young.
13. Be Careful About Your Reputation! If it is good it will take you to the highest of heights. But once tarnished, it will be difficult to retrieve. Always reflect on your course of action. Never do anything you wouldn't be proud to tell your mother about. Have fun always but temper it with common sense and prudence.
14. Make A List Of All Your Weaknesses! A truly confident person will note a weakness and seek to methodically improve. Bear in mind that even the greatest and most powerful people have weaknesses. Some are better than others in hiding them. On the other hand, get to know your best qualities and cultivate them.
15. Never Complain! Someone who complains, always looks for the negative in everything, will scare people away and rarely will succeed at anything. Be so mentally tough that nothing takes you off your planned course to success. Be known as a positive, strong, energetic and enthusiastic person.
16. Schedule relaxation time into your week! We must have time for ourselves to reflect, unwind and recharge our batteries. These are the renewal activities that allow us to maintain peak performance and are exceptionally valuable periods.
17. Readers Are Leaders! U.S. President Bill Clinton read more than 300 books during his short time at Oxford University. Some top performers read a book a day. We have truly entered the age of massive information and those who are proactive can use this to their advantage. The more you know, the less you fear.
18. Grow Three Essential Qualities of Life! Lao-Tzu prized three essential qualities for a person of greatness: "the first is gentleness; the second is frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men."
19. Make Your Days The Best In Your Life! Make every one of your days a true masterpiece. Remember the old saying: "it's not who you think you are that holds you back but what you think you're not."
20. You Reap What You Sow! It has been rightly said that "you sow an action, you reap a habit. You sow a habit, you reap a character. You sow a character, you reap a destiny." Do not say you will do anything unless you will indeed do it. Speak the truth and measure your words wisely. Be humble, straightforward and peaceful.
Thank You Very Much Sompong Yusoontorn Source : From Top 200 Secrets Of Success By Robin Sharma The way you starts your day determines how well you live your day!!!