If you like this presentation – show it...
ABOVE THE CODE Principles of Startup Communications Patras / Athens - December 2015
BEFORE WE START… • Who’s • Tell in the room me something about your companies • Who’s on social - and if so, where?
ABOUT • 34 years - believe in the real power of PR • San Antonio • Involved & Tel Aviv with Israel’s traditional tech sector for the last 22 years • Sponsored by Rackspace Startups Program - #BeHelpful
networked computer mobile data network / endpoint security VoIP the personal computer cloud full circle of platform shifts 1976 2015 tablet / mobile IPTV WiFi
I am sponsored by Rackspace Startup Program $24,000.00 in hosting / cloud / email credits + $25,000.00 in strategic communications advisory services
Come from a world of OEMs / ODMs…
1. Get to the right side of “being right…” get lucky….
2. Stop pitching and start listening
3. Build a body of work that will make you valuable to the media make sure twitter / LinkedIn are current!
4. Add a layer of value with your brand
5. Write for story telling
6. Have a mission that helps others and builds community
7. Leave a trail of digital bread crumbs…. H/T to Jeff Pulver
8. Write like you speak. If you can speak, you can write.
9. The more you read / listen / watch the media you think you belong in, the better you will get at proposing your story
10. If you can sustain, it will cascade
Jan Feb March F1 F2 F3 F4 90 Day Editorial Calendar Planner 2x topics per month from each - 24 posts per quarter
BEFORE JANUARY 1ST • Make a wish list of where you belong • business • media / tech / bloggers appropriate to your space • analysts / inﬂuencers appropriate to your space • track competitors or companies in your periphery on news.google.com to see who covers and writes about them • track competitors on angel.co • twitter / LinkedIn is current
ABOVE THE CODE™ best way to connect - email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. SlideShare. Medium. Instagram. YouTube. (c) Alan Weinkrantz 2015 Above The Code ™