If you like this presentation – show it...
THE 15 BEST BUSINESS PODCASTS FOR STARTUPS (and our podcast too…)
Whether you’re considering starting your own business, or are an already successful entrepreneur, listening to how others succeeded can help you better achieve the goals you have set for your business.
We’ve compiled a list of the most helpful, inspiring, and interesting business podcasts for startups, with input from our entrepreneurial experts at Bplans.com. We’ve also given our own podcast (The Bcast) a shameless plug—but hey, we’ve been told it’s good! Listen in, and let us know your favorites too!
1. DORM ROOM TYCOON William Channer interviews entrepreneurs who are seen as true innovators. The guest list that Channer has managed to compile is impressive and expansive, and a lot of successful individuals have lent their knowledge and experiences to this podcast. Whether you are seeking insight or inspiration, Dorm Room Tycoon is a great example of a business podcast, and one that comes highly recommended from a variety of entrepreneurs. Listen now on iTunes »
2. MIXERGY Mixergy describes their mission as introducing you to “doers and thinkers whose ideas and stories are so powerful that just hearing them will change you.” Boasting over 1,129 interviews and 166 informational courses, Mixergy is especially good at helping would-be entrepreneurs who have not yet started their own business. Listen now on iTunes »
3. THE BCAST While talking about the best business podcasts out there, we can’t help but mention our very own podcast, The Bcast. We designed The Bcast to discuss the topics that we find important and interesting for small businesses. If you are looking for a podcast from people who understand small business, but also from people who are perhaps a little less dry than many other hosts, look no further than our very own Bcast. Listen now on iTunes »
4. THE STARTUP PODCAST The first season of Startup is the story of Alex Blumberg’s journey from regular guy to businessman. The failed pitches to investors, the difficult conversations with loved ones, and even the negotiations among cofounders are all recorded here as they happened, giving a unique look at one man’s entire experience from concept to company. Listen to our interview with Alex Blumberg »
5. ENTREPRENEUR ON FIRE John Lee Dumas, founder and host of Entrepreneur on Fire, interviews successful entrepreneurs every single day. A consistent podcast, the show has a new episode every day of the week, each with a different guest. Entrepreneur on Fire was awarded a Best of iTunes Award in 2013, and its insights can definitely help guide you in your own entrepreneurial endeavors. Listen now on iTunes »
6. THIS WEEK IN STARTUPS TWIST, an acronym for “This Week In Startups,” is all about the world of web companies. Host Jason Calacanis and a rotating group of guest experts discuss the best, worst, and craziest stories in the tech world, delivering words of advice and information in a blunt, humorous way. Listen now on iTunes »
7. THE ASHISH WALIA SHOW For a lot of new businesses, the biggest obstacle becomes gaining traction in the marketplace. Interviewing successful entrepreneurs from all over the small business world, The Ashish Walia Show aims to deliver advice from the best in order to provide you with the means to gain traction for your small business and allow it to thrive. Listen now on iTunes »
8. SMALL BUSINESS ADVOCATE Hosted by small business expert Jim Blasingame of Small Business Advocate, SBR is the world’s only weekday radio talk show dedicated to small business, nationally syndicated since 1997. Recognized by “Talkers” magazine as one of the most important talk show hosts in America, Blasingame is ready and waiting to help your business thrive. Listen now »
9. DUCT TAPE MARKETING Perhaps your business is already up and running, but you need help with getting the word out to potential customers. Fear not, new entrepreneurs, for the people at Duct Tape Marketing have a podcast specifically designed to teach you how to market your business successfully without breaking the bank. Listen now on iTunes »
10. BUSINESS INSANITY Host Barry Moltz, a small business entrepreneur for over fifteen years, knows how crazy starting your own business can be. However, unlike some, Mr. Moltz believes that the craziness is actually what makes starting your own business so exciting, interesting, and worthwhile. His podcast explains the craziness and how to survive it. Listen now on iTunes »
11. ONE ON ONE One on One, the podcast from Small Business Trends, allows you to hear from key voices in companies, both large and small. Host Brent Leary interviews the decision-makers in big corporations and the owners of small businesses, and this variety really allows for a wide range of advice. Listen now on iTunes »
12. MOM BIZ SOLUTIONS Lara Galloway, The Mom Biz Coach, has been coaching women business owners for 10 years and helps them define success for themselves and achieve it. If you could use a little inspiration, or a guide from a mombiz owner who's "been there, done that," or if you just want to hear from a woman who has learned to laugh off her mistakes and accept her life as perfect (just the way it is), you'll want to tune in every week. Listen to our interview with Lara Galloway »
13. THE BUSINESS OF STORY The world's best storytellers from business, Hollywood, and beyond teach you how to use stories to communicate and connect with your customers. While technology has given us all global reach with our messages, it's still the ancient bewitchery of storytelling that connects us with one another. Hosted by Park Howell, every show includes at least one actionable tip that will make your stories more engaging, and help you advance your personal or professional quest further, faster. Listen to our interview with Park Howell »
14. THIS OLD MARKETING Joe Pulizzi and Robert Rose talk about the latest content marketing trends and discuss how businesses can use content to attract and retain customers. Each podcast show features a discussion of content marketing headlines, rants from Joe and Robert on what's going on in the industry, and a "This Old Marketing" example from the past (that we can learn from). Listen to our interview with Joe Pulizzi »
15. GROWTH EVERYWHERE Growth Everywhere is a weekly interview series with successful entrepreneurs on business and personal growth. Learn actionable strategies & tactics on how you can make your business grow and mistakes to avoid during your entrepreneurial journey. Tuesdays through Fridays feature short bite sized episodes with Eric Siu on sales, marketing, operations, productivity and more. Suitable for entrepreneurs at any stage (even if you haven't launched your idea yet). Listen to our interview with Eric Siu »
16. RESTAURANT UNSTOPPABLE If you’re interested in starting your own restaurant, then Restaurant Unstoppable is the number one podcast you should be listening to. Today’s most successful Restaurateurs and Restaurant Professionals share tips and insights with the host, Eric Cacciatore. Discussion topics include how to lead, manage and market a successful restaurant. Listen now on iTunes »
Skip the stuﬀy MBA classroom. On The Bcast, get expert advice that will actually help you grow your business. You’ll even have fun doing it. Subscribe now on iTunes »
Helping people start and run better businesses.