If you like this presentation – show it...
6 T I P S TO WORK FROM HOME
Nowadays it is more and more usual the choice of working from home. In a ﬁrst glance, it has everything to be a great idea, no more time wasting commuting from home to the ofﬁce, the chance of working on your pyjamas and relax when you really need, but it can also lead to procrastination and turn out to be not as productive as it seemed. These 6 tips will help you be more productive while working from home.
1. Designate a Workplace If you regularly use part of your home exclusively for conducting business, it will help you step into your working mode.
2. Dress for Work This doesn’t mean you need to put on a suit or dress, but there is a psychological beneﬁt to wear proper clothes. Dress in a way to set clear boundaries between work and leisure.
3. Keep a Daily Work Regime Setting boundaries is vital. You want to avoid the temptation of becoming available 24/7 to work phone calls and emails. There’s time to work, and there’s time to be home, even when sharing the same space.
4. Engage Socially Working remotely can prevent you from building workplace relationships and reduce the chances of meeting new people at the ofﬁce. Schedule occasional out-of-ofﬁce meals with colleagues to keep a bond at work and stay in the loop.
5. Set Deadlines The best strategy to structuring a day’s work at home is timing. Break up the day by setting yourself deadlines to keep things on track, then take a short comfort breaks after each work slot. Following the Pomodoro technique is a great way to keep a balance or focused work and breaks.
6. Have a To-Do List Each morning, make a detailed list of that day’s tasks and keep track of them. Staying on track of your deadlines will also help you feel accomplished and reduce the stress of pending work.
If you have your own pick-me-up tips, share them with us! http://blog.hiveflux.com/post/121349644837/6-tips-to-work-from-home