If you like this presentation – show it...
EMERGENCY GUIDE How to calm angry clients down
What happened?! Your client is suddenly screaming at you!
How can you deal with such a situation?
Try this! 6 STEPS TO CALM ANGRY CLIENTS DOWN
Step 1 Let the dragon vent
1. Pay attention, but don’t disturb • Furious people often just need to scream their anger out. Think about little kids. They scream often without a real reason. • Let your client talk. Be patient. This is the first step in de-escalating the situation.
Step 2 Stay calm and smile
2. It helps when you smile • When you’re on the phone, try to smile. It seems a bit weird, but it’ll relax you.
Smiling experiment Researchers discovered: Smiling during a period of stress helps to reduce the body’s stress level. Remarkable: It works regardless of whether a person feels happy or not. Just the fact that your cheeks form a smile will calm you down.
Step 3 Listen actively
3. Listen actively, repeat your clients concerns • Your goal is to find out why your client is upset. • If you understand the problem you can work towards it.
Step 4 Apologize
4. Apologize to change the emotional stage • Your main goal: Bring your client back to a rational level! • A good way to reach an emotional transformation is to show empathy and say sorry. • State that you fully understand.
Step 5 Propose a solution
5. Figure out a solution • You figured out how to bring your client back to a rational level? • Try to offer solutions and agree on it.
Step 6 Take action!
6. Take action and follow up • You agreed on something? Congrats! • Now take action: Explain the steps you are going to take to fix the problem. • Don’t forget to follow up!
Don‘t Be Shy. Give it a try!
The Ultimate List to Calm Angry Clients Downs 1. Let the dragon vent 2. Stay calm and smile 3. Listen actively, repeat your clients concerns 4. Apologize to change emotional state 5. Propose a solution 6. Take action and follow up
BUILD GREAT CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS blog.filestage.io