If you like this presentation – show it...
H E A LT H T I P S : 5 S U P E R - F O O D S Y O U S H O U L D B E E AT I N G C R E A T E D B Y J O N A T H A N FA R B E R , P H . D .
• As you know, maintaining a healthy diet is essential for both your body and your mind. • Each day, you should think about what you’re eating and how it plays a large part in the way you act and feel.
• In order to keep track of whether or not you are getting enough nutrients and thinking of food as fuel, try keeping a food journal. • In your journal, you’ll want to note foods that give you the most health benefits. • Here are the top five superfoods you should be eating each week…
• First, let’s talk about eating clean and green. • Spinach is undoubtedly one of the most nutritious superfoods you can ingest.
• Though kale may be the latest diet fad, spinach is the long-term winner of the best green leaf that offers the most nutritional benefits.
• Not only is it free of cholesterol, sugar, and fat - but it’s loaded with calcium, fiber, and beta carotene (a nutrient that supports a healthy immune system and good vision).
• Next on the list are bananas. • Bananas are loaded with potassium - about 400 mg each - which helps to lower high blood pressure, and in turn reduce your risk for heart disease and stroke (which happens to be the leading cause of death worldwide).
• Bananas are also filled with healthy, digestible carbs that help to fuel your body. • Remember, you should always think of food as fuel instead of as a pleasurable indulgence.
• In addition, bananas are also known to help boost your mood and give you a better night’s sleep.
• Next on this list are black beans, which contain complex carbs, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, copper, iron, phosphorous, and magnesium.
• According to an article published by Men’s Fitness: • “A 2011 study found black beans help improve insulin resistance, lowering your risk for obesity. What’s more, black beans have 15g of protein per cooked cup; that’s an impressive amount for a plant,” (10 Superfoods People Have Totally Forgotten About).
• Almonds are another powerful superfood high in protein, fiber, vitamin E, and unsaturated fats. • Many people tend to avoid them because they are high in calories - however, they are great for your digestive system, skin, and heart.
• Though you shouldn’t eat too many almonds each day, having a small amount as a snack at work or even before a workout is a great idea.
• Last on this list are the ever-delicious, very mistaken-for-veggies, tomatoes. • Tomatoes are great for men in particular because they help with prostate problems. • And, unlike spinach, tomatoes are more nutritious when you cook them.
• So feel free to slice them up for a healthy morning omelette, a hearty salad for lunch, or even make your own pasta sauce when you’re craving Italian - you really can’t go wrong by putting tomatoes in pretty much anything
• There you have it - a list of the top ﬁve super-foods you should be eating regularly. • Though, keep in mind the saying, “everything in moderation,” because you should always pay attention to portions and controlling the amount of food you intake.
• Remember, it may be hard to get healthy at ﬁrst, but once you continue to make eating clean a part of your lifestyle, you’ll notice the incredible health beneﬁts that play a part in how you feel both mentally and physically.